Friday, July 18, 2008

Thing 16 - Student 2.0 Tools

I have a link to the Research Project Calculator on the my media center's Web page and have bragged it up to several teachers. I don't know whether they use it, but they should! Especially good are the teacher support materials for projects that utilize presentation slides and/or video. It gives excellent advice on coaching students to put together a project that communicates a clear message, rather than getting caught up in the fun aspects of the medium. I hadn't thought of running them off and putting them in the library, but I might do that. Sometimes it's easier to flash something on paper than it is to lead a teacher to a computer. And, of course, sending out an e-mail with a link doesn't guarantee they'll go there. 
I also took a quick peek at the U of M's assignment calculator and that looked like a good resource for teachers of AP or college classes. 
At any rate, if anyone reads this, it's a great resource.

No comments: