Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing 19 - Podcasts

I  looked at MPR's podcasts and also at the podcasts listed on the Educational Podcast Directory. I subscribed to MPR's Grammar Grater podcast using iTunes and also to Learn Spanish, Spanish Pod 101 from the EPD. The subscription process was very easy on both. Now I just have to learn how to load them on my ipod so I can listen to them there. I could either listen to them while I walk or in the car.
In terms of using the directories, mostly it's just a matter of adjusting to the interface. I don't like a lot of advertising, I like to be able to browse by category, and it helps if there is some sort of rating, although I don't always go by that either.
I have downloaded Audacity, but have not used it. We have used GarageBand for podcasting at school and that is quite easy once you get the hang of it. My students did some nice podcasts about our school, but we are still struggling with posting them on our Web site. 

No comments: