Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing 18 - YouTube and Other Online Video

OK, I can't believe I'm missing the Twins/Sox game to watch boring video on YouTube. Honestly, I am amazed that some of this stuff gets as many hits as it does. I looked at some Google video and it wasn't any better.
I didn't really have any trouble using either site; I just didn't find much that I thought was worth watching. I'm surprised that people thought it was worth posting.
I do have a good YouTube story to relate, though. A couple of years ago, a German foreign exchange student came to me looking for footage of Adolf Hitler giving a speech for a history project. Easy to find, you would think, but she wanted it without the English translation so that she could do the translation herself. Not so easy to find. We finally found some on... you guessed it--YouTube!
Anyway, here are two videos: the cat one is funny and the other is thought provoking. The Machine is us/ing us is one that I have used in the classroom occasionally.
The Machine Is Us/ing Us


Funny Cats

No comments: